Overview of our data security and privacy policies
As Business Intelligence and data analytics specialists we place the security of data and the privacy rights associated with personal data as our top priorities. We are also committed to being fully transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
– Your personal data – what we collect, why we collect it, how we use it;
– Sharing your personal data with 3rd parties – what we share and why we share it;
– The length of time we hold personal data;
– Data collected as part of our consulting work – what we collect and how we use it;
– Data security – how we maintain data security and protect your privacy;
– Your rights in relation to privacy and data security.
Your personal data
We collect personal data from sources in the public domain in order to market our services to other businesses. Sources include:
– Company websites;
– Business cards;
– Business directories;
– News stories;
– Social media pages and feeds.
We also hold personal data from client contacts. We use this data in order to help fulfil contract requirements, to maintain a support relationship with present and past clients, and to market our services to current and past clients.
Personal data for those with whom we have no present or past client relationship is limited to name, role or title, company address, company email address, company telephone number, LinkedIn and Twitter identities, any communication and marketing preferences, and any items of note from public news outlets and social media pages that may help us to market our services.
Personal data for those with whom we have had a client relationship may include mobile telephone numbers and private email addresses.
The data we hold is for business to business sales and marketing only. We do not hold data relating to private individuals.
If we have permission to do so we will communicate with you electronically. If we don’t have that permission we will communicate with you by post only. Within the letter accompanying each postal item there will be opt out instructions should you wish to no longer receive mail from us.
Sharing your personal data with 3rd parties
We share your personal data with one service partner – Ardeema Solutions Ltd, with whom we collaborate in the delivery of consulting services and in the sales and marketing activity required to develop new business leads. Occasionally we also employ sub-contractors to assist us in the collection of personal data.
Ardeema Solutions Ltd operate under the same data protection and security controls as Develin. Sub-contractors are permitted access to your personal data as part of their data collection remit and only when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on sub-contractors preventing them from making any use of your data.
The length of time we hold personal data
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary. However, we conduct an annual accuracy check for all personal data. Unless we have permission to contact you to seek updates and amendments to your details, any data found to no longer be accurate is deleted.
Data collected as part of our consulting work
In the course of a consulting assignment we may be in contact with and have cause to use personal data within a client system. If so, no personal data is placed on any Develin device without the express permission of the client. If permission is given the data is deleted the moment that it is no longer required.
For consulting purposes we also place data in a secure Cloud location in order for multiple parties to gain simultaneous access to it. This data does not include personal data.
Develin is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
– maintaining one copy of the personal data we use for sales and marketing purposes which is stored and encrypted within a market leading cloud based CRM service;
– security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
– internal policies setting out our approach to data security;
– data security training for everyone with access to personal data;
– encryption of data wherever possible.
You have the following rights:
– to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
– to request that we delete personal data held on you (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
– to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
– to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you (the right to opt out);
– to ask us to supply you with the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format (the right to data portability).
To exercise any of the above, or to ask us any question in relation to data security and privacy, please contact us using the details below.
T: 0333 8000 825